8/14/2007

Asher's Birthday

Asher's birthday was on Saturday (He turned 3!) and he insisted on a Spider-Man birthday. Now, I really hate doing character birthdays but I relented out of sheer gratitude that he didn't want a princess party. (Which was a real possibility! -One of the cons to having all sisters) While searching through SMan cakes online I ran across one made of cupcakes and didn't like how it looked... so that's what I made. What can I say, it was easy and I was tired. Also, we made a butterfly cake out of cupcakes for a little girl in our ward who is in foster care right now and wasn't getting a party (her bday was the day before). I think hers turned out a lot better but my camera didn't take a very good picture. When we were at the Dahle's in July they had just had Lincoln's birthday and they had gotten him this really cool reversible superhero cape. Asher loved it! I wanted to get him one but I didn't want to pay what they cost so... I made one. Have I mentioned that I hate to sew? It turned out pretty good anyway. He loves it - and that's all that matters! Even Andyn can be seen wearing it at times! My Dad (+wife), Sister(+husband and kid) and Brother(+kid) all showed for his special day! My mom (+husband) even stopped by on her way through on Sunday! I don't know why but it really makes me happy when my family comes to special things for my kids! We also had some really good friends here that came. Lots of swimming. Lots of good food. Good times had by all.

4 comments:

akingang said...

I had a cape, when I was a kid, superman and batgirl! They were my heroes and I wore them everywhere. My mom made them, and she still has them. My kids wear them sometimes now. I love the cupcake cakes!

Unknown said...

I think the Spiderman cupcake/cake turned out REALLY good! Cupcakes are way cooler than a cake anyday!

amberd. said...

hey... I can't see the capes very well!! Good job though. I'm impressed. hehehe..

I think your a super fab mom!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to my Spider Boy!!! We love ya Little Dude :)